The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation is evolving each day and like all of you, we are taking action to prepare and protect our business, and yours. As the global landscape continues to shift, we remain focused on the wellbeing of our employees and maintaining strong delivery for our customers. Taking care of our customers is at the center of everything we do, so I want to assure you that our teams are focused on proactive steps to help reinforce strong business practices as this continues.
One of our first steps has been to create a global task force, which is working daily to monitor developments and take the appropriate steps to ensure the health of our workforce, our customers and their businesses. We are also carefully following all government, Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organization guidelines – and taking extra precautionary steps to help prevent the virus at our locations. And we are also committed to regular, transparent communications with our employees and customers in order to ensure we are providing the most helpful information to address business concerns. Here are the key measures we have implemented as part of our readiness.
- Appointed a global task force of leaders from our company’s critical functions to ensure our Business Continuity Plans are activated at every site around the world.
- Strengthened our technology and operational systems for data centers and call centers to ensure network stability and always-on customer support.
- Increased network capabilities to facilitate remote working access for our employees, including access to all our critical systems for business continuity in the event of facility closures.
- Implemented more robust measures for facility cleanliness and promoted best practices in hygiene and wellness to minimize risks.
- Restricted employee travel to align with the latest health and travel guidance from the CDC and WHO as well as your requirements.
In addition to serving businesses like yours, Equifax recognizes the effects this outbreak is having on people and their everyday finances. That’s why we are taking measures to support consumers impacted by the Coronavirus while also working with creditors and lenders to minimize the effects on consumers’ credit standing. We’re also offering guidance to help people minimize the impact of the virus on their credit standing.
We’ve heard from many of you about concerns you have, and have developed Frequently Asked Questions to help address questions about our preparedness. This document will be updated continually as the situation evolves. We are focused on delivering for you and all of our global customers. We have strong BCP plans in place and have them activated to ensure we continue to deliver during these uncertain times. If you have questions, please contact your Equifax manager or submit your question here. We hope you and your teams remain safe and healthy.
Mark W. Begor
Chief Executive Officer, Equifax